Q: Gas leaking from under/around fuel tank

just started up my old bmw that has a major gas leak. when i started it up and let it run there is a continuous dropping of fuel coming from a panel right in front of the rear right tire. What do you think it is coming from? gas tank? fuel filter?

A: Hello. Fuel leaks need to be taken seriousl...

Hello. Fuel leaks need to be taken seriously. You will want to look into this immediately. Is the vehicle only leaking when it is running? If this is the case its likely coming from a line or a fitting somewhere in the system as it leaves or returns to the tank. You will want to find the lines where they enter the tank and trace them as far back as you need to in order to find the issue. If the tank was damaged it would likely leak all the time. The filter is typically located further towards the engine, not to say the fuel cant travel downwards and collect where you are seeing it. You may want to raise the vehicle off of the ground and get a better look as to where that fuel is coming from. Have you had any recent damage to that area? Even something as small as running over a curb can cause issues like this.