Q: Gas in manifold, 1977 Chevy Nova

My engine isn’t getting any gas into the pistons. I replaced the distributor and have sparks out of the coil, and I get sparks from the distributor. The carburetor spurts gas in, but the spark plugs are sapped. I removed the carburetor and there was allot of gas in the manifold. Do you know what’s wrong and do you have any suggestions?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1977 Chevy Nova 250. If you are flooding the engine from a carburetor problem, then you most likely have a needle and seat or float not adjusted properly. You should have the ignition points replaced and properly adjusted and the spark plugs fresh replaced after the carburetor is overhauled or replaced. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your car and help you move forward with repairs.