Q: gas hand works after reving to 4000 rpm

My gas hand didn't work til one day i reved the motor up to about 4000 rpms then it corrected it's self but goes back to nothing if I switch gears from park to anything else.

A: Fuel sensing units were a common replacemen...

Fuel sensing units were a common replacement item with your Mercedes Benz ML320 and that generation ML. In fact, most Benz’ of that era have the same issue.

Here is something you can try:

1. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
  2. Pull out fuse 5 with nose pliers in the fuse box located in the front passenger foot well.
  3. Wait 20-30 seconds.
  4. Put the fuse back.
  5. Turn the key to the OFF position, wait a few seconds, then start the vehicle.

This might reboot the sending unit. If that doesn’t work, or it works temporarily, replacing the fuel sender/pump unit might be the only repair.

You can also check the fuel pump/sender electrical connector for looseness or corrosion. It is visible in the left rear (drivers side) wheel well. With the key OFF, try unplugging it, and checking for any corrosion in the connector.