Q: Gas gauge fluctuation, car can't turn over. 1995 BMW 318i

The other day I was about to start the car, but upon turning the key the gas gauge jumped to full and then suddenly fell and shown empty. The car cannot turn over. What might be the problem?

A: Hello. It sounds like the battery has low v...

Hello. It sounds like the battery has low voltage and is unable to start the car. The battery may need to be replaced. There could also be a blown fuse for the battery which would result in the same problem. It is also possible that the starter is faulty and is preventing the engine from turning over. To have the problem verified and found for you, I recommend having a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, pinpoint the cause of the starting issue and gas gauge problems.