Q: Gas gauge

Why the gas gauge go pass full or stay there

Q: Car hesitates and jerks at low speeds

Hi there. There are some common issues that can cause this. I usually start by checking to see if the car needs a tune up. Worn out spark plugs can cause this. I usually also check the air filter and...

Q: My fuel tank is reading empty when it is still half full

This is a simple mechanical failure. Located on the fuel pump is a float (quite like the one in your toilet) that sends a digital reading to the instrument cluster on your dashboard. This float can become clogged with debris...

Q: Car shuts off, will not start - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

Hello. I would check for power at the fuel pump. It sounds like you have a voltage issue. Most of the time, this occurs when the fuse blows or when the fuel pump relay goes bad. These all need to...