Q: Gas fumes smell

Can smell gas fumes at drivers side back door area of my 2008 Touareg and think I have a gas pump leak on the pump on that side. Have found no leaks under vehicle and it runs fine with no warnings from sensors. Does this sound like a fuel pump problem? If so, should both pumps be replaced?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2008 Volkswagen Touareg. You need to call your nearest dealer to see if your vehicle is covered under a recall for the fuel line leakage problem. The recall number is 08V035000. Do not drive the vehicle and call your dealer as soon as possible.

3. Gas fumes smell