Q: fuse question

trying to add an acessory need to know what 30 amp fuse location i can tap that turns on with the engine

I would recommend hooking up your wire to a fuse that runs the ignition. The ignition will not engage until the vehicle’s engine is running. The ignition system is also likely to have a fuse around that amperage. Many times fuse boxes in vehicles will have empty cavities as well. These allow you to add accessories to your vehicle and insert your own fuse. If your vehicle has empty fuse box cavities, these would be better to use than any other option as they will keep the accessory circuit separate from all other circuits. This will help to prevent shorts.