Q: Fuse keeps blowing. 1997 BMW 318i

There is a fuse in my car that keeps blowing for no apparent reason. It controls the brake lights on the vehicle, along with the gas and temperature gauges and the tachometer. I had the bulbs replaced. The fuses have been changed but to no avail. The fuse that controls all these components blows each time I start the car. What might cause it to keep blowing?

Hello. It sounds like you may have a short in the brake switch or a short in one of the pig tails. It is also possible that there is a short in the brake light sockets for the brake light bulbs. I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an electrical inspection in order to pinpoint the problem and recommend the proper repairs.