Q: Q: Fuel tank leaking

My car does not start on the initial crank, and gas mileage is way down. The fuel tank is leaking, which is noticeable when the car is running. Last year, I replaced the fuel tank, EGR valve, solenoid proportional purge, and supporting gaskets and seals.

Hi there. I would take a look at the fuel injectors and make sure they aren’t leaking. Typically, when the engine isn’t running, the injectors maintain pressure in the fuel line so there is no delay when starting the engine. Is there a puddle of gas underneath the car or is the smell of gasoline present when driving? If the injectors are leaking, they would let too much fuel into the cylinders which would not allow the fuel to burn completely. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to help you diagnose the fuel leak issue.

3. Q: Fuel tank leaking