Q: Fuel pump went out

I have a 2011 Hyundai elantra 4l /2.0 motor the fuel pump went out and I would like to know if I can replace it with a 2007 elantra fuel pump the adapter are different from the 2011 so what can I do?

A: Hi. If the adaptor is different from your o...

Hi. If the adaptor is different from your original fuel pump, the fuel pump for the 07 will not work. If you try and make the 07 fuel pump work it will leak and probably will not give the proper fuel pressure to the fuel rail. The best thing to do is to replace the fuel pump with one that is exactly for the car. It's best to use a brand new fuel pump or a rebuilt one from an auto part store. You could also get a used one from the junkyard but you take a chance on how well it work and how long. If you need help having this done, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to replace the fuel pump for you.