Q: fuel pump replaced smelling gas

2wks ago I had my fuel pump replaced. Smelled gas for 5 days when I step out of the car for 2-3 minutes, I brought the truck back to the shop. Was told no leaks but they smelled "a little gas" so they re-dropped the tank and added lubricant to seal, they swear there were no leaks. For 1 day I did not smell gas and now I do again. Any ideas?

Hi there. Anytime a shop completes a fuel pump replacement, there are multiple ways for fuel to leak and create a strong gasoline smell inside the cabin. It’s possible that a fuel line is loose, the connection to the fuel cell is not strong (which is maybe why they used a sealant), or you have a damaged fuel line leading to the engine. This can be very difficult and time consuming to try and diagnose on your own, so you should have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a smell of gasoline inspection to find the source and make the right repairs.

3. fuel pump replaced smelling gas