Q: Fuel pump not working

My car is not starting. My battery and alternator are good. I think the fuel pump might be out.

A: Hi. A vehicle that cranks normally but does...

Hi. A vehicle that cranks normally but doesn’t start indicates a problem with fuel or spark delivery. On the other hand, and engine that doesn’t cranks at all or cranks slowly indicates a problem with the starting or charging system. If the vehicle cranks and doesn’t start, the first thing to do is to check fuel pressure and spark. Fuel pressure can be tested with a gauge and spark can be tested with an inline spark tester. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting issue your vehicle is encountering