Q: Fuel pump not pumping gas. 1996 Chevrolet Blazer

I had a leak in the fuel tank of my Blazer. I decided to install a new tank because I was tired of smelling gas all the time. Since I was putting a new tank in I figured I would also change out the fuel pump. I ordered a combo tank/pump. The pump being already installed in the tank. I had to wire in a new harness for the new pump. Once I got it all installed I tried to start the car, but it still would not start. I check all the connections again and still got nothing. I could hear the fuel pump turn on, but the car wouldn't start. Thinking maybe I received a faulty fuel pump, I warranty exchanged the whole things. Replaced everything and tried again. Still the same issue. If I leave the hose off the fuel valve that is supposed be pumping the gas out there is no fuel being pumped. I've double and triple checked the wiring. I've tested the voltage and replaced the fuel filter. The pump still is not pumping gas. I'm at a loss as to what could be the issue.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1996 Chevrolet Blazer. If you hear the pump, but still get no fuel out of the pump, then you have the power and ground backwards in the wiring or they have it backwards on the pump. If you need help having this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the starting issue and let you know what repairs are necessary.

3. Fuel pump not pumping gas. 1996 Chevrolet Blazer