Q: Fuel problem?? 1993 Chevrolet S10

I have found fuel in my oil and it has had rough idle for about a month although we just found the fuel oil mix. It has a hard start problem and smells like it's burning rich we've done a tune up changed idle and throttle sensors . Checked timing and replaced fuel pump. Idk I'm stumped

Hi there - I’m thinking there are a couple of possibilities since you have identified what is clearly a ["running too rich"](https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/fuel-rich-smell-from-car situation. Leaking fuel injectors could cause this problem, high fuel pressure, or a faulty coolant temperature sensor signal would make engine management think it was VERY cold, and dump more fuel in to compensate. A failing coolant temp sensor that was reading too low, or a wiring disconnect to the coolant temp sensor would produce the symptoms you see. Check those for sure. For assistance, I recommend a rough running inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.