Q: Fuel problem?? 1993 Chevrolet S10

I have found fuel in my oil and it has had rough idle for about a month although we just found the fuel oil mix. It has a hard start problem and smells like it's burning rich we've done a tune up changed idle and throttle sensors . Checked timing and replaced fuel pump. Idk I'm stumped

Hi there - I’m thinking there are a couple of possibilities since you have identified what is clearly a ["running too rich"](https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/fuel-rich-smell-from-car situation. Leaking fuel injectors could cause this problem, high fuel pressure, or a faulty coolant temperature sensor signal would make engine management think it was VERY cold, and dump more fuel in to compensate. A failing coolant temp sensor that was reading too low, or a wiring disconnect to the coolant temp sensor would produce the symptoms you see. Check those for sure. For assistance, I recommend a rough running inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Fuel problem?? 1993 Chevrolet S10