Q: fuel pressure regulator

Ok i am looking to buy this car. The only problem is the fuel pressure regulator needs to be replaced. If fuel leaked into the engine and contaminated the engine oil is that bad? Would more have to be done than just replacing the fuel pressure regulator?

A: Yes, more would need to be done. First obje...

Yes, more would need to be done. First objective would be to replace the regulator and to test the fuel pressure for a proper reading. Once this is done, remove the spark plugs and replace the oil along with the oil filter. Turn the engine over after ignition is disabled so a fire is not started when fuel is pushed out of the cylinders. Afterwards, install a new set of spark plugs. You may need to run the engine for only about ten to fifteen minutes. Once more, you will need to replace the oil and filter again to assure that the rest of the fuel is out of the engine. Any fuel left in oil will thin it out and may cause internal bearing damage if not removed resulting in more problems. If you need help, YourMechanic professionals are able to help you at a location that is convenient to you.