Q: Fuel pressure

Not sure what the proper fuel pressure is for a 2010 GMC 5.3L vin 0 pump. My vehicle has is considerably sluggish when the air temperature is high.

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2010 GMC Yukon. With the ignition on and the engine off, the fuel pressure should be between 50 and 60 PSI. Possible causes for a sluggish or hesitating engine include a clogged fuel filter or a faulty fuel pump. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to determine why the vehicle is running sluggish and help you resolve this issue.