Q: Fuel not getting to engine

Hello, my pickup truck has been starting up perfect for about a year (since I got it) and today it was starting up first try like it always does but after going somewhere turning off the truck and minutes later when I tried turning it on it didn't start. The fuel wasn't getting to the engine. I replaced the dual fuel tank switch. And i'm using starter fluid in the corroborator and its making a different noise since fixing the switch. It sounds more like a zipping noise than a clanking noise

A: I would start by checking the fuel pump rel...

I would start by checking the fuel pump relay which is located on the passenger side under the hood up against the firewall. Test this to be sure it is working correctly as this is what signals the fuel pump to come on when you turn the key. I would imagine that the zipping noise you are hearing is the fuel pump coming on, but check to be sure you are getting power to it to confirm that is the case. If you are in fact getting power to it, but it is not supplying the fuel, I would recommend replacing the fuel pump itself as they are very inexpensive on this model truck. If you need help with this getting this fixed, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. They'll be able to diagnose the starting issue firsthand and replace the faulty parts as necessary.