Q: Q: fuel issues

i have a 1987 vw scirroco that i have changed both fuel pumps and filter and it is making a loud wineing noise as prior to the 3 times i have replased and this issue is getting costly also when on road at 70mph if i go to excelerate i hear a clicking from fuse panel ive replaced fuel relay this is confusing me note i have takin off access cover for in take pump and that pump sounds like its working as both pumps sound when key is turned on ....ive owned 5 of these but first automatic

I can’t think of any good reason why you would have to replace three fuel pumps in a row other than fuel contamination or if you are buying bad fuel pumps. There is a company named after an Asian reptile selling ’rebuilt’ equipment whose products have disappointing quality. If that’s where they are coming from I would want to look elsewhere. But let’s talk about the clicking in the dashboard: It took VW several tries before they upgraded the fuel pump relay to a model that could carry the load. They kept issuing upgrades for the relays and even an upgrade for the fuse panel which was melting down internally. Check your fuse panel carefully. If there are any melted or burnt areas, it will need to be replaced. It’s possible that the fuel pump is not able to draw all of the current it needs through a damaged panel to operate efficiently. If you’d like professional help with this, Contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office and check out your electrical panel and make recommendations about what may need to be done.

3. Q: fuel issues