Q: Fuel issues - 1999 Chevrolet Venture

My van is running fine when idling but when I go to take off it acts like its missing. During the day when it's hot outside it run perfect but when it's cool out at night is acts up. I did find that once the van warms up it runs better. There is no check engine light (as of right now) and I have changed out the fuel filter.

A: Hi there. You may have a misfiring plug or ...

Hi there. You may have a misfiring plug or plug wire that has not caused the Check Engine Light to come on yet, but may have stored a code. Have the computer scanned first. You may just have a carbon build up on the valves and injectors and will need to have them cleaned out using GM approved cleaners. Carbon build up on the valves will cause the engine to run rough cold and then run okay as it warms up. If you need to have this checked, a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your car's location to inspect the misfiring symptom and address the issue.