Q: Fuel injection engine and I have to hold the gas to the floor in order to start

I'm having to hold the gas to make it start then once I get it started when you slightly press the gas is cuts out and tries to die

The vehicle should have the fuel pressure and computer system tested to see if the fuel system is flooding the engine or the computer system has sensors failing like the MAP sensor or throttle position sensor issues. The scanner can test the output of these sensors to see it they are in specifications. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and do the tests needed to find the cause of you hard start and hesitations.

• Fuel injection engine and I have to hold the gas to the floor in order to start