Q: fuel gauge quits and starts after filling tank

when I fill the tank on my 06 Malibu the gas gauge will go to full then to empty after driving for a few miles it will begin to work until the next time I fill the tank

There is a recall on your fuel pump that may cure the problem you’re experiencing. However, if you are not under the recall, then the fuel vapor line in the fuel tank is out of position and needs to be moved from hitting the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank. I’d recommend having the car looked at by a certified mechanic who can diagnose this issue.

3. fuel gauge quits and starts after filling tank