Q: Fuel gauge only reads half tank

Okay so the fuel gauge doesnt read right infact it doesnt move one my truck it stays at half a tank what could I do to diagnose this issue

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. The fuel tank sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.

3. Fuel gauge only reads half tank