Q: Q: Fuel gauge not working.

I put a new fuel pump in my car and now the fuel gauge does not work right. When I fill up my truck with gas it takes a 15 minutes minutes of driving for the lever to show its even half full.

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. This is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.

3. Q: Fuel gauge not working.