Q: Front wheel bearing

I think the trim is right. Anyway I just need to know if my front wheel bearing is pressed or bolted in, before I tear it apart.

The front wheel bearing is pressed into the knuckle. Typically the retaining ring is frozen (rusted to the knuckle) and you have to hit the ring at just the right angle, from each "side" to remove it. Otherwise you will never get the ring out. Do not re-use the old ring. You will need a large set of snap ring pliers (WEAR SAFETY GLASSES, PLEASE). You have to see if the hub is serviceable, too. I have a 20 ton hydraulic press (big) that I use on this type of assembly and even at that you need a safety cage because after 17 years the bearing is often corroded to the knuckle. When it comes apart, it will often sound like a gun going off. The knuckle has to be supported with properly sized special collars otherwise you can crack the knuckle. Finally, unless you use a CALIBRATED torque wrench (mine is about 4 feet long to make it effortless) to install the axle nut to the EXACT factory torque value, you will ruin the brand new bearing (if you over tighten the nut, the ball bearing basically indents the steel races thus making the bearing useless right out of the starting gate. Replacement of this bearing is easily accomplished in the field by skilled professionals and if you desire replacement please use YourMechanic’s wheel bearing replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Front wheel bearing