Q: Front end vibration when the car is in gear but not accelerating

For a little over a year now whenever I press the brake while its in drive or reverse the front end vibrates it's wasn't very strong and i was told by my dad who does all my maintenance work that it was nothing to worry about, for the past few months the vibration has gotten worse to the point that sitting at a stop sign or any time the car is in gear but I'm not pressing the gas it vibrates ( it is the worst when the brake is pressed like at a stop sign it vibrates bad enough to shake my arms through the steering wheel). Within the last couple of months I have had my brake pads replaced and rotors turned, new tires put on within the year and I get regular oil chages. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? My local kia dealer wants over $100 to run a diagnostic check and I really can't afford it right now, we also can't find a repair manual anywhere so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It appears that your engine mounts are beginning to fail on you. The engine mounts secure the engine and transmission to the body of the car and the rubber they are made with are designed to dampen the vibration of the engine and transmission so you, the driver, experience a comfortable ride.

It is likely you have one or more engine mounts causing your problem. However to be 100% certain, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of one of a certified technicians to come by and perform an inspection on your vehicle. Once on site, they will be able to determine what is causing your vehicle to vibrate when its in gear and you are stopped with your foot on the brake. They will also be able to provide you with a detailed estimate on what it will take to have this issue repaired and if you decided to do the repairs with us, the original diagnostic charge is applied to the repairs making your inspection free.

3. Front end vibration when the car is in gear but not accelerating