Q: Front end rattle

Hi I'm having a rattle in the front end when I'm coasting all the way up to 55mph. The rattle feels like I'm driving over a cattle guard and its intermittently happening. When it does this I feel it in the steering wheel and pulls to the right sometimes. Any speed over 60 it doesn't do this. It is now mainly happening right at when the gears shift. Could it be 1-overdrive sensor, 2- throttle position sensor, 3- transmission going out? Please help cause we are at a loss of what it could be.

There are many components that could cause a rattle noise like you describe. Faulty or worn strut mounts, tie rods, or possible the CV joints. It is also possible that a tire imbalance is causing a vibration that is shaking something like worn sway bar end links. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of the noise you’re hearing.

3. Front end rattle