Q: Front end noise like the tone of a flute from a 1989 Ford F150.

The front end passenger side started making a sound similar to the tone of a flute when you drive. It comes and goes but just started yesterday.

If the noise is chassis related, it could be brake or wheel bearing related. If engine related, a possibility is an accessory drive component, pulley, or the belt. All of the latter can be ruled in or out by briefly running the engine (in park and only briefly) without the drive belt. If the noise remains with the belt off, then obviously the noise is engine or transmission related. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the origin of the noise and get this issue taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Front end noise like the tone of a flute from a 1989 Ford F150.