Q: Front end feels lower than usual with loose steering

I recently had a tire blow out about 4 days ago and I'm sure that I messed up my alignment. Now the steering wheel is beginning to feel more loose than usual.

A: Hello. The front end needs to be checked fo...

Hello. The front end needs to be checked for any loose parts. I usually start by getting the vehicle in the air so that I can check the suspension and steering for anything that has come loose.

Most of the time on this vehicle it is from a bad rack and pinion bushing or from a failure in one of the tie rod ends. Both of these would be easy to find once the vehicle as in the air.

If you want to have this loose steering fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.