Q: front brakes locking up

When the temperature outside reaches 85 degrees or more, my front brakes will gradually start to lock up and I must pull over and let them cool down. I park on hills and I can hear them releasing after about 20 minutes. Im clueless.

A: If your front brakes are locking up after g...

If your front brakes are locking up after getting warm, then you will need to have the system inspected while they are locking to see if the master cylinder is holding pressure to the brakes, the calipers are not releasing, brake hoses are getting blocked, or the brake booster is pushing on the master cylinder partly.

In order to test the components, you would first need to crack the brake line at the master cylinder to see if it releases the fluid. If not, then it is in the hoses or calipers, and the bleeder should be opened to see if it releases. If it does, then it needs hoses. If it does not, then the caliper pistons or slide pins are binding.

I recommend that you have this issue taken care of soon since your brakes are pivotal to your vehicle's safety. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car's location to diagnose your braking issue and let you know what needs to be done.