Q: Front brakes drag and bind up

After driving about 5 miles, the front brakes drag and bind up. The brakes will release, but only after the car has been parked for an hour; then I can drive it again. However, the same thing happens the next time I drive. It has new brake fluid and also was bled. These have already been replaced: flex lines, brake lines, calipers, rotors, & pads. What will fix this?

A: Hello. It sounds like the vehicle’s brake m...

Hello. It sounds like the vehicle’s brake master cylinder may be faulty which could cause the front calipers to lock up. There could also be a problem with the proportioning valve in the brake system. This is known to cause the front calipers to lock up. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete a brakes, steering, and suspension inspection to pinpoint why your brakes are locking.