Q: Front brakes drag and bind up

After driving about 5 miles, the front brakes drag and bind up. The brakes will release, but only after the car has been parked for an hour; then I can drive it again. However, the same thing happens the next time I drive. It has new brake fluid and also was bled. These have already been replaced: flex lines, brake lines, calipers, rotors, & pads. What will fix this?

Hello. It sounds like the vehicle’s brake master cylinder may be faulty which could cause the front calipers to lock up. There could also be a problem with the proportioning valve in the brake system. This is known to cause the front calipers to lock up. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete a brakes, steering, and suspension inspection to pinpoint why your brakes are locking.

3. Front brakes drag and bind up