Q: Front brakes brand new, yet brakes seize when driving.

Brakes seize when driving car. It has brand new front brakes.

A: There are many reasons why your Toyota’s br...

There are many reasons why your Toyota’s brakes may be seizing, it is especially frustrating when you know the parts are brand new! While it could be the actual brake parts causing the problem, unfortunately, with this limited information, it will be hard to pinpoint exactly why your brakes are seizing while driving, at this moment in time. An inspection of the entire braking system, which includes the pads, calipers, rotors, master cylinder, proportion valve and ABS system, by a certified mechanic would be a great place to start though! I am unsure if the problem was or was not present prior to the new brakes being installed, however if it was not, I would start by requesting your mechanic to check the caliper sliders for proper lubrication and function. If the caliper is not able to float freely on the sliders, binding or “seizing” can occur when the brakes are applied. While this may be the reason you are feeling your brakes seize on your Toyota Sienna, your next best move is having a certified mechanic verify this problem in person.