Q: Fourunner lock cylinder

Just replaced lock cylinder with new one. When I pushed key cylinder in and turn key it moves freely when I try to start. Will not start car . Feel like it's something simple. Any help or pictures would be appreciated

A: Hello there, this is not an uncommon occurr...

Hello there, this is not an uncommon occurrence after replacement of the lock cylinder. There are one of two possible things going on. The first would be that the lock cylinder has a specific interface to the ignition switch. When these are replaced there is a key turning sequence that is used to mesh the switch and key cylinder together and if not done properly the car will not start. The other possibility would depend on why the lock cylinder was replaced to begin with. If it was replaced due to a no start condition there may be another fault causing the no start. If you need some assistance, consider enlisting a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs needed.