Q: Q: Four-wheel drive stuck in two-wheel drive

I have a 4-wheel drive truck. The truck is stuck in 2-wheel drive, and only goes in reverse, first, and second gear.

3. Q: Four-wheel drive stuck in two-wheel drive

Q: The power steering locks up

Hi there. It sounds like there could be a belt, pulley, or accessory problem. One of these items could be causing your steering concern and the smoke. Are there any visible leaks from the power steering pump? Any leaks from...

Q: Car will not crank or turnover

Check for continuity in the fuse block that is adjacent to the positive battery terminal. The block will sometimes corrode (due to its proximity to the battery) causing a no start condition. The blocks are replaceable as a unit. Once...

Q: Why does my 2014 Silverado drop voltage when I turn the steering wheel when it is on park?

Hi, thanks for writing in. GM has been using electric power steering on its most recent models for almost 10 years now. This is a relatively new system that offers a lot of benefit such as increased fuel mileage and...