Q: Ford transit 2001 Hi, I had a short on my battery and my Transit ford does not turn on any lights. What can it be?

All thisHi, I had a short on my battery and my Transit ford does not turn on any lights. What can it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The short with the battery may have damaged fuses in the main fuse box. To check this, you will want to either visually inspect all of the fuses, or use a multimeter to electronically test for continuity (if the fuse has blown or not). If the fuses are not the problem, then you want to check the condition of the fuse box itself. It takes power in and distributes it to the various circuits. With a fuse box that has been damaged the power will not make it to the light bulbs or their switches. Keep in mind the issue with the battery needs to be resolved before you fix the issue with the lights. For more help with this and any other issues, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Ford transit 2001 Hi, I had a short on my battery and my Transit ford does not turn on any lights. What can it be?