Q: ford foucs 1.6 2002 -blue smoke ,struggling to rev and sounds like its running on 3 cylinders

the car went into limp mode and would barley rev have left it for a week and it now starts but only on 3 cylinders with abit of back fire but no smoke any idea what could be the cause?

A: Blue smoke is generally a sign the engine i...

Blue smoke is generally a sign the engine is burning oil. Oil can get into the combustion chamber from weak valve team seals or a malfunctioning positive crankcase ventilation system. If the check engine light comes on, this may shed a little light on the systems affected by the trouble in the engine. Excessive oil in the combustion chamber may foul spark plugs. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look to offer a more personal diagnosis.