Q: ford explorer powerhatch makes a grinding noise when opening

ford explorer powerhatch makes a grinding noise when opening

The SUV was also Hit in the Driver side rear and that is the side of the Power Hatch motor. Can the accident cause a mis-alignment indirectly causing the grinding?

Yes, if the vehicle was hit near the motor, or any of the door actuating mechanism, damage there can account for the noise. Did the noise start immediately after the damage occurred? If it did, that would be a clue as to what is going on. Everything is repairable though and if you want it inspected, diagnosed, and repaired, please request a malfunctioning door/actuator assembly inspection/repair and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. ford explorer powerhatch makes a grinding noise when opening