Q: Follow up to possible ABS wheel speed sensor issues

I had posted here before about my car braking on its own when its wet. My brakes will engage on their own and will remain that way, I will be driving with my foot off the brake pedal and my engine will be fighting agains my brakes to move the car forward. When it dries off, everything will be fine. A mechanic suggested that it was probably the ABS wheel speed sensor being triggered unnecessarily. I just have a few more questions-- there is no light on my dash telling me at any time that there is something wrong with the brakes/ABS, most things I'm reading of people with a similar problem their dash light comes on and mine has not. Also I took it to my dealer and had them inspect the brakes and hook it up to the computer, they said they found absolutely nothing wrong, everything looked normal, and the computer didn't show any alerts. I just had pads replaced, could pads be swelling in the rain or could there be any other culprit?

Hi, thanks for writing in. If you just had the brake pads replaced and did not replace or resurface the rotors, then the brake pads are going to take longer to seat into the rotors. This could cause one brake to grab more than another when braking. A wheel sensor not reading the same as another when it gets wet is usually caused by a sensor that has small cracks and allows small amounts of water into it causing an erratic readings. Hope this helps, please feel free to reach out to us once again with any updates or further questions.

3. Follow up to possible ABS wheel speed sensor issues