Q: follow up question to check engine light

check engine light is on - on-star operator ran a test said the reason was emissions system issue - i posted that question last week on this site and mechanic Jay said i need to get the trouble code- after having the car diagnostic test ran i was given *P0412 Secondary Air Injection System switch valve A circuit * what is this and what is the cost to have this matter fixed ? thank you

This is an emissions system issue. One of the control circuits that runs an electric motor is having issues.

The secondary emissions system pumps extra air into your exhaust system on start up to help get the catalytic converter going. It is a complicated system that will take an experienced technician to to diagnose. Usually, such a diagnosis can be figured out in an hour. But it isn’t out of the ordinary to take longer. The cost of the repair is depending on what is discovered during diagnosis.

I recommend giving customer service a call to find out if there is a technician in your area with the necessary experience to diagnose your car.

Good luck!

This is an emissions code that relates to a sensor that works with the air induction system. This system injects fresh air into the exhaust ports in a cold engine or into the catalytic converter in a warm engine turning hydrocarbons into water vapor. Contact our customer service center to have them give you a quote on the cost to fix this.

3. follow up question to check engine light