Q: FOB key not working. 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport

I am having trouble locking my car doors with my FOB key. What's happening is that my car locks and car lights are snapping on and off all day and all night long. I cleaned the plates on my doors to see if would help. But it didn’t. So now I am constantly irritated by this snapping noise all day and night. Do you know how I can get this to stop? Do you have any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

Hello there, there are a few different reasons why a 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport would be having this snapping sound with the door locks. The fault most likely has to do with the fob itself. The fob may be faulty or have a wiring issue internally, or the fob battery could be at fault. It sounds like the lock button is being applied at all times. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect this locking problem and pinpoint how it should be resolved.

3. FOB key not working. 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport