Q: Fluid leaking onto garage floor

The transmission in my SUV had a leak so I took it to the dealership. They told me the level is fine and that no additional fluid was needed, even though it has been leaking onto the garage floor. Even though it was a minimal amount of fluid, it seems to me that they should have added some to replace what had been lost. Should I be concerned about driving now and what step should I take next to get this fixed?

Ford does have a TSB (technical service bulletin) out for a faulty pressure control solenoid depending on the production date of your vehicle. This will cause harsh shifting to occur and may not necessarily illuminate the transmission light or log any faults in the transmission control module. The repair, if this is the case, is to replace the transmission valve body. You may want to consult with another mechanic or a transmission shop in order to take a second look at the transmission fluid leak and determine what needs to be done.

3. Fluid leaking onto garage floor