Q: Fluid leaked away

Had an accident at the curb. The car front bumper hit the curb. Red fluid started leaking and leaked all over. Is it coolant?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. If there is r...

Hello, thanks for writing in. If there is red fluid that leaks out it can be coolant, but it may also be transmission fluid. The front of the vehicle contains the radiator which also contains the transmission cooler. Both of these will have red fluid so the radiator may have cracked. If you'd like help locating the source of the leak and performing the necessary repairs, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.