Q: fluctuating idling and slippage

Truck started acting as though the transmission was slipping, going down the highway it would fall a gear or would up shift hard but now when it idles it will fluctuate high and low rpms. Doing some research online found blogs that say it could be the master airflow sensor however nothing looks wrong with it found a crack in the radiator so replace the radiator still idling high and low. Possibly going to replace the master airflow sensor but after that I have no idea what to do

Hi there, thanks for writing in,

The mass airflow sensor is used by the engine control module to determine how much air is coming into the motor so it can properly decide how much fuel to use for optimal power and fuel efficiency. If the mass air flow is faulty or is giving an incorrect signal, it can significantly affect the operation of the vehicle. It is definitely a possible cause of the issue you described, though it is not the only one. If you want to avoid spending money replacing parts that may not be faulty, I would suggest contacting a professional technician, such as one available from YourMechanic, to properly diagnose your concern.

3. fluctuating idling and slippage