Q: Floorboard got wet and now the key does not work.

I had a 5 gallon bucket of water fall down onto the passenger's side floorboard and get it wet. I tried to dry in out, but now I can no longer use my key to control the car. It does not start it, or even turn in the ignition at all. Also, whenever I open the door, the car alarm goes off.

A: Hello. Water spilling on the passenger side...

Hello. Water spilling on the passenger side floor board has the ability to affect many electrical circuits and some of the modules. If this occurs it will cause the vehicle to not start and even have a series of other issues. In some cases removing all of the electrical connections and drying them out will help, but it may need the modules to be replaced. You may want to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic that has the experience and ability to do this, like one from YouMechanic.