Q: Flooded car

My car got flooded in The Great Flood of Louisiana with water almost to the roof completely drowning the car. Can the car be saved as the interior is fine after being aired out. What would I need to do to restore it back to drivable condition?

Hello. You likely have issues caused by the flood. Get your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional, or if you have insurance on your vehicle, consult with your insurance company and have an adjuster determine the extent of the flood damage. A lot of times insurance companies will total flood damaged vehicles because water surrounding your engine and electrical components can cause a lot of damage. If you do not receive help from your insurance company and have faulty electrical components, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to fix your electrical problems.