Q: Fixing the broken outside latch on the driver's door on a '99 Eclipse

The outside latch on the driver's door on my '99 Eclipse has stopped functioning. The door is fine on the inside. The push button doesn't press far enough. Is there any way I can fix this without replacing the entire assembly?

A: No, because they are not adjustable. You’re...

No, because they are not adjustable. You’re just going to have to replace the entire latch assembly. I’ve had it happen so many times. I’ve even tried to fix them by rigging things and even tried welding some stuff one time, but it was just too much bother. You really have to buy the assembly. It’s the only logical way of fixing it right.