Q: Fixing corroded battery clamps on a '95 Mustang GT

On my '95 Mustang GT, I've noticed that my battery clamps are corroded. Should I replace both cables and clamps? Other than getting them from a Ford dealer, where should I get the new ones from, since they are only found at Ford?

A: They will generally be able to get you the ...

They will generally be able to get you the whole cable assembly. You can always cut the corroded part. They do make short cables. You put that on the battery and cut off the corroded part and you splice the wire. You can do that if you are used to splicing wires. A lot of guys would do that. But, I don't like those little clamp ones, where you cut the end of your wire and put a little clamp on it and put that on, because there is still a lot of corrosion. It is open to the air and the battery gets out. Those are not a permanent fix. If you want your battery cables replaced for you, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to perform this service.