Q: firing problems

hi, i have recently replaces the vacuum pump on my car but im not sure if ive disturbed something else as my car isnt firing up now but it was before, could this be a faulty vacuum pump that ive replaced it with or would it be a different problem and if so could you please advise?

kind regards Dale

A: Sometimes a broken vacuum pump can mask oth...

Sometimes a broken vacuum pump can mask other components that are also not correctly working as they are intended. One of the most common is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) vacuum modulator, which is an important component of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation system. The issue could also be something very simple like a vacuum line that was not properly installed or needs to be replaced as well. Try going over all the vacuum line connections and check the EGR vacuum modulator. If you need any help in diagnosing this issue, a YourMechanic certified technician can be dispatched to your location to help you diagnose the issue preventing your vehicle from starting.