Q: Finding a (at least decent) sporty convertible for $2-5k

I am looking for a convertilbe from the 90s because I have a very low budget. I am looking at the Eclipse, Camaro, Mustang, Celica, etc. Based on your experience, what can I expect to pay annually and what would you most recommend. I know Japanese cars run the longest, but safety and mainenance is of importance. What should I do?

Thanks! Peter

A: Maintenance costs could vary greatly betwee...

Maintenance costs could vary greatly between each make and model. Make sure to also include extra costs when purchasing a sport convertible. Maintenance repairs on convertible tops tend to be expensive so that is something that you'll also need to consider. Rear wheel drive vehicles are worse in the winter, but can be a lot of fun when weather permits. As far as the safety of a vehicle, refer to This website will also break down all of the pros and cons of each vehicle. One car that you may also want to consider that you did not mention is the Miata. These are good convertibles that you can usually get at great price points. I highly recommend using Craigslist or Offerup because a lot of the time you can find the diamond in the rough for a used car, so definitely try different sites to get the best deal that you can get.