Q: Filter housing blew off the engine and leaks

The filter housing on my car blew off the engine and started leaking. What would have caused this to happen and can I use my mechanic or do I need to go to the Mazda dealership?

What may have happened is that, the last time you had your oil changed, the filter may have been installed improperly causing an increase in oil pressure. This increase in oil pressure may have been what caused the filter housing to come off and leak oil.

It is always your choice for who you want to service your automobile. Whether it is the dealership or a mechanic that you know from somewhere else, this issue may be resolved by simply reinstalling the filter correctly and ensuring that the filter housing is secured down tightly. Whoever you choose to carry out this repair, just make sure they are a qualified professional who will be able to diagnose the problem correctly and proceed with proper repairs.

3. Filter housing blew off the engine and leaks