Q: Feels like emergency brake is engaged after driving 60 miles and acceleration is more difficult, plus metallic scraping noise

When I've driven my Volvo for more than 60 miles, it feels like the emergency brake is engaged, but it's not. Acceleration is more difficult and there is a metallic-scraping noise. The brake pads were replaced, as well as rotors, plus oil change, but still the same problem. What do you suggest I try next to find the problem?

It could be that the calipers are sticking, there is a problem in the hydraulic system or the brake brake cable is seized. Any of these issues could cause your brakes to be applied all of the time, potentially resulting in the symptoms you are experiencing.

I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, perform a thorough inspection of your brake system to pinpoint the cause.

3. Feels like emergency brake is engaged after driving 60 miles and acceleration is more difficult, plus metallic scraping noise